This program is designed to help you achieve your health and wellness goals by providing discounts on a wide range of both general and condition-specific products and services not covered by your insurance. The program gives you access to a library of educational resources (articles, etc.) to help you learn about the health topics that are most important to you. Program users can also receive notifications about exclusive deals on products and services that fit their specific needs, interests and goals. The health discount program is NOT an insurance program.
About the program
Program users have access to everything from vitamins and diabetic supplies to gym memberships and Lasik vision surgery. Our products and services are provided by a nationwide network of physicians, specialty practitioners, facilities and online partners.
Our Customer Care advisors can help you find providers, compare and confirm preferred discounts, and much more. They are available Monday – through Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST, at (866) 761-7748.
As part of the discount program, you’re connected to discounts with our partners. If you have a question about an item you’ve ordered through one of our partners, please check your confirmation information or contact the partner directly. If the partner does not resolve your questions to your satisfaction, please contact our customer care department.
How to start saving
Yes! Your spouse and dependent children also benefit from this program; and your parents, grandparents and in-laws are eligible for savings on long-term care services. To add additional family members, call Customer Care or visit the Member Information section of the website after signing in.
Visit the home page, and click on Sign Up Now.
After you sign in, you can search for provider services or products.
Finding a provider
This program provides access to a nationwide network of providers — physicians, practitioners, facilities and more. To find participating providers in your area, choose a discount category or search for a provider by name. You can also call Customer Care at (866) 761-7748.
If there are currently no providers in your area, or you have a favorite health care professional who is not yet a part of our network, you can nominate a health care professional to join the network.
In addition to a core offering of products and services that are always available, other exclusive deals are featured on a regular basis.
Making an appointment
Here are step-by-step instructions for using the program to purchase discounted services from one of our providers:
- Find the service provider you want to visit.
- If you’re visiting the site on a desktop computer, choose a discount category from the top navigation bar. If you’re visiting the site from a mobile device, click on the Menu icon.
- Enter a term in the Search field.
- You can also use Search to find a specific location for a provider. Enter the name of the provider, and then enter the area you want to search in the ZIP code field.
- Click on the Search results to see provider details. To get your discount confirmation, choose a time frame for your visit, and click on View Discount Confirmation. Print your discount confirmation or be prepared to show it on your mobile device. You will need it to qualify for the Minimum Discount Guarantee.* Here are a couple things to keep in mind:
- PROVIDERS: If you call Customer Care instead, your discount confirmation will be mailed or emailed to you.
- PRODUCTS: No confirmation is needed when making purchases from our online shopping partners or national program partners. Just follow the instructions on the page to purchase those products and services at the discounted rate.
- Make an appointment with the provider you’ve chosen, being sure to identify yourself as a program member. To guarantee you receive your discount, take your ID card and a copy of your discount confirmation to your appointment (or be prepared to show the confirmation on your mobile device).
- Pay the discounted amount directly to the provider at the time you receive the service. Keep your receipt as proof of purchase.
*Minimum Discount Guarantee: We guarantee that for each product or service available through the program, you will receive at least the minimum discount amount shown for that product or service. If you do not receive the minimum guaranteed discount, and have followed the confirmation requirements described above, we will refund you the difference between the advertised minimum discount and the price you paid.
Confirming your discount is a way to make sure you get the discount you’re entitled to through the program.
- Confirming your discount qualifies you to receive the Minimum Discount Guarantee*.
- You can show the confirmation on your mobile device, or print it and take it with you to your appointment.
To get a card instantly, sign in to your account, go to the Member Information section and select My Member ID Card. From there, you should see an option to print a PDF of your ID card. You’ll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view your new card.
There are several things you can do to ensure you receive the discount:
- You can only receive discounted pricing from program providers, so before you visit a provider, make sure it is part of the UnitedHealth Allies network. You can check online, or call Customer Care at (866) 761-7748.
- Get a discount confirmation to take with you when you see your provider. You can get the discount confirmation online or from Customer Care.
- When you arrive for your appointment, ask your provider’s office to call the number on your program card to confirm eligibility and pricing information.
If, after visiting a participating provider and showing your discount confirmation, you still do not receive the minimum discount advertised on our website or quoted by Customer Care, we will refund you the difference between the amount you paid and the amount you should have paid. To be sure you receive your refund, follow the Minimum Discount Guarantee* instructions.
While the health discount program is not an insurance program, it is designed to complement your health care and other benefits programs by offering savings on a wide variety of health care-related products and services. This means that as a program member, you pay reduced rates on many out-of-pocket health care products and services you would otherwise purchase at full price. You are responsible for the full cost of any products and services you purchase, minus the applicable discount.
The program discount cannot be applied to any expenses that are paid for in whole or in part by insurance. But you can use the discount program to save money on many services that are not covered by your insurance or other benefits programs. For example, if your medical plan doesn’t pay for durable medical equipment, you can save money on many of these purchases by buying from our online partners. You can also save on non-covered dental and vision services – like teeth whitening and tinted lenses.
If my health insurance partially pays for a service or prescription drug, can I use the program to save on the out-of-pocket portion?
No, your program discount cannot be applied to any service paid in whole or in part by insurance. If you have medical or prescription drug benefits, always use your benefits for services covered under your plan. Use the program to save on health care purchases not covered under your plan.